03 December 2012

Case of the Mundays

It was an uneventful Monday.  I was sitting at my desk, TV on the Daily Rundown on MSNBC, my computer on with my email loading.  This start is the way everyday starts.  Boring-- I know-- but I have to make sure i'm up to speed and ready to tackle any problems.

I click on a message from BGOV.  My breakfast is off to the left and I pick at my eggs and sausage.  The BGOV email is about a new offering to keep Hill staff informed.

"They made a mistake on the BGOV Leadership race summary." I announce to the room.  Im not really expecting a response.

I continue to scroll and read.  There aren't many email specifically for me but there are a ton of news alert emails.  News alert emails are killing newspapers and my attention span.

I grab for my smoothie and shake.  From the corner of my eye I see a flash of blue.  Then the first hit.  Its cold.  As I look left and right the flash of blue becomes an onslaught.  Splash. Splash. Splash in a few seconds i'm covered in smoothie.

I have an 11:00am.

No comments: