08 October 2012

Why We Act



I think I want to go back to school.  I want to combine big data, social behavior to crack the code of why we take action.  I have spent my adult life trying to get people to vote for whomever I am working.  I keep thinking issues drive voters.  i keep thinking good arguments drive voters but I think im wrong.

People generally have an impression that is hard to shake.  You can throw arguments at them but you know what some people like Coca Cola and some people like Pepsi.  Thats the way it is.

Do i squeeze and squeeze  out my votes or spend millions on TV for people that already like Coke.

When Bush won everyone thought it was because of Rove's micro targeting but the Republicans for years where working on squeezing out Bush voted everywhere.  They would go into deep blue precincts find the Bush votes and turn them out.  That in turn started putting more states in play... Michigan, Pennsylvania.  We tried to copy their actions and we got a VA win for President Obama.  I dont need big TV,  I need properly written mail and communications to those that should be for us.



No comments: