16 October 2012

Argo

Crap I really like Ben Affleck and his Argo movie.

Ben Affleck never struck me as a great actor/director.  i thought he had flashes of great work but I never thought he could do a complete job.   I like him and he entertains for example he delivers a great line in Armageddon where he calls Luke Wilson Chewbacca granted Luke Wilson has a better come back but it was that snickering, punchy jab that I like form Affleck.  I thought Argo was going to be an okay movie with a flash or two of good scenes worth the $6 matinee price.  But I was caught up in the movie from start to finish and the credits were incredible.

Argo is the declassified story of 6 Embassy Officials who were able to escape the take over the US Embassy in Tehran.  Affleck an exfiltration experts poops on all the plans being developed and comes up with making a sci-fi film in the an exotic location, Argo really wasnt Dune available.  The sleeper must awaken!  It was tense, and it had me all knotted up.  Go see it.  It is awesome.

No comments: