29 September 2012

I wish Twitter was More Like Old Timey Radio

So, I firmly believe that I jinx any sports team I support when I watch them on TV.   Pacquiao Fight where he lost.  Ravens AC Championship game, I think I used up all my team mojo on Duke vs Kentucky and the Duke 11 point come back with 70 seconds left on the clock over the Twerps.  Anyhow, I was watching the Orioles game last night when Adam Jones and Machado crapped it up...I panicked; turned off the game; and started watching anything else.  I was left with my twitter feed to see how the game was going.

I love twitter its a great news service and information breaks quickly on it.  But wow twitter is emotionless when you are following your team.  ESPN tries to be spunky and lively but I think they fail.  NBC sports is factually.  Most feeds are factually.  How about "Holy Crap Torey Smith caught a 23 yard pass in the corner of the end zone for a TD.  Suck it Pats."  Am I asking for too much?  Twitter Sports needs color commentators?

As I am jinxed -- I need Twitter geeks to be better and show me some emotion.

No comments: