30 August 2012

Crappy Sushi

I was watching some movie about a grand Sushi master yesterday, Jiro Dreams of Sushi.  It was good and it made me want sushi.  They talked about the balance in the fish, soy sauce, wasabi and rice.  They talked about proper thickness of the fish, freshness, balance...clearly I was going to have sushi.  Now I'm sick, something is weird in my throat and my allergies are acting up..so probably not the best time to eat because I won't taste anything.  But I went out anyway and on my way back to work I dropped by a place off of Rte. 32.  I ordered some tamago, himachi, toro and a spicy cali roll and a shrimp tempura roll.  I was pumped.

Needless to say...when i saw the plate of sushi i was considered.  The rice was wet looking.  the shrimp was anemic.  The egg was rubbery.  The fish looked like it was cut for sashimi and plopped on the rice.  The rolls looked like 7-11 brand sushi.

Some of the rice was crunchy.  the fish wasn't bad.  The egg tasted like it was made a while ago.  The rolls suffered from wet crunchy rice.

Disappointment.


2 comments:

SoNSo1 said...

How can you have wet crunchy rice?

CapitolSwell said...

The Rice was old and he was wetting his hand to make it clumpy...it was gross