26 October 2012

Dad

I've never had a dream about my dad.  I think about him everyday but no dreams.  I thought in the 12 years since his passing I'd have at least one dream or a vision or something.

Last night I had a dream about dad.  I was scrambling up a hill, trying to get to this overlook/perch.   I get there and when I look out i see everything.  As I go to leave the path i took up is gone and it doesn't look like i will get down.  Then I see him waving pointing a way down.  I chase after him and follow him to an old holy site-- kind of Tibetan/Dune.  He brings me to a spring that is pooling.  Around the pool are stations to wash up and i feel a sense of cleansing like washing away something that I have had lingering forever.  i eventually dive in fully clothed and emerge to follow my dad.  I get to a home and leave my wet clothes behind.


No comments: