10 April 2012

Why Im Not a Foodie

Foodie culture exploded a few years back, and I thought I was part of it.  I thought I was into all these new and interesting foods when the reality was that I am asian and a lot of this food is just part of our culture and general Asianness.  Korean BBQ, squid in ink, urchin, ramen...bahn mi... blah blah blah.

So I was thinking I'm not a foodie. I like junk and regular food is that too retro am I a foodie hispter...no no no thats just dumb.  Actually anything retro in food is foodie like deviled eggs.  When it comes down to it, I just like regular food, as pointed out by big bro, Im a steak and rice kind of guy.

Any who here is a list of my non-foodie likes:
1.  Sweet and Sour Chicken.
2.  Regular Coke
3.  Big Macs
4.  NY Style Pizza slices
5.  Chicken Alfredo
6.  Three Layer Chocolate Cake
7.  Box Mac and Cheese
9.  Break and Bake Cookies
10.  Ground Beef Tacos
11. Cesar Salads
12.  Fajitas
13. Nachos
14. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
15. Western Fries
16. Stupid carnival foods

Deceptively Foodie Food Awesomeness that I love:
1.  Bacon
2.  Fish Tacos worse Shrimp Tacos
3.  BBQ...especially dry rubs and briskets...basically anything slow cooked over low temps.
4.  Spam...fucking hipsters...
5.  Carnival Deep Fried anything



No comments: